Second only to the amazing fantasy-scene imagery is Catinca Untaru’s performance as Alexandria in what could be the first genuine performance by a child actor seen in a long, long time. Tarsem’s skilful choreographing of the scenes between Ray and the girl mean her performance is much more believable and realistic than the disturbingly over-literate and precocious child actors produced by the Hollywood machine.
- One of the most believable and amazing performances
- Stefana Totorcea, Reader’s Digest Romania: Cand visul unei fetite romance s-a intalnit cu cel al unui regizor indian, a rezultat o poveste cu final fericit.
- ROGER EBERT:The sweet charm of the young Romanian actress Catinca Untaru
- Untaru, with her chubby face and big eyes, delivers for me the single best bit of acting of 2008
- She is absolutely, positively, a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.
- You can’t understand why she is so perfect
- TOP 10s of 2008
- Are you trying to save my soul?
- Catinca Untaru is an astounding find
- Break-out star Catinca Untaru was amazing, and her performance was Oscar worthy big time!