While The Fall is certainly more about style than performance, one can’t talk about it’s overall effectiveness without mentioning young Catinca Untaru. This in one of the most interesting (and endearing) performances I’ve seen from a child in quite some time. It’s quirky but not in a labored way. On the contrary, Untaru is incredibly naturalistic, and she held my interest every step of the way. And in fact, she constantly upstages the more seasoned Lee Pace.
- One of the most believable and amazing performances
- Stefana Totorcea, Reader’s Digest Romania: Cand visul unei fetite romance s-a intalnit cu cel al unui regizor indian, a rezultat o poveste cu final fericit.
- ROGER EBERT:The sweet charm of the young Romanian actress Catinca Untaru
- Untaru, with her chubby face and big eyes, delivers for me the single best bit of acting of 2008
- She is absolutely, positively, a-d-o-r-a-b-l-e.
- You can’t understand why she is so perfect
- TOP 10s of 2008
- Are you trying to save my soul?
- Catinca Untaru is an astounding find
- Break-out star Catinca Untaru was amazing, and her performance was Oscar worthy big time!